Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Thinking Warm Thoughts and Sale-a-brating

Hello!  Winter recently decided to show up at my house.  Normally, I don't mind visitors, but the ones who just randomly show up dumping snow, ice, and freezing temperatures are not so welcome... On the plus side, it did bring me the gift of  two snow days (yes, I'll be paying for this gift later...), and the chance to play with some new Sale-a-bration items.  Normally, the cold, snowy scenery would put me in the mood for Christmas cards, but I was really cold and wanted to think about sunny, spring afternoons instead!


There are TWO wonderful items featured here that you could receive for FREE during Sale-a-bration.  What is Sale-a-bration? It is an annual event held by Stampin' Up where you purchase $50 in product (before tax & shipping) and earn a free item.  It will continue through March 31st. I have a link to the catalog on the left side of the screen.  Both the stamp set and the paper are part of this year's fabulous selection of freebies!

The stamp set is called Botanicals for You and features the sentiment, flower, and leaf images seen on my card.  There are also three coordinating sentiments that are a bit smaller, and two additional flowers that are a little larger than the one I used.  The dsp is called Wildflower Fields and every single paper is fantastic! As you would expect, there are a lot of floral and nature prints, but there is also a pretty cool modern print that would work great for a more masculine card.  Personally, I love the fact that with just a little stamping and layering, I made a simple card that would work for a few different occasions.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I would love to stay here all day, but my family thinks they need food, and the recent snow play has left a mountain of laundry in the bathroom... Winter, next time call before you show up.  Maybe I won't be home!!

Have a wonderful day and I hope whatever the weather, you find some time to be creative too!

Card Recipe: Paper-Wildflower Fields dsp (SAB), old olive, whisper white, Ink-blackberry bliss, old olive, Stamp Set-Botanicals for You (SAB)

3 comments:

  1. Those are lovely stamps - the calligraphy sentiment is wonderful and looks so good in that dark blackberry colour. Lovely delicate leaves too... hmm - now can I resist temptation I wonder?!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already went and looked through the whole catalog...SUCH cute stuff!!! Your card is beautiful and I have to admit it, you spent your snow days wisely. LOL!
    Hugs back,
    SIB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this CAS card and that large sentiment stamp

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!