Saturday, July 4, 2015

Mission Impossible!

Hello and happy 4th to all of my fellow Americans! I am so glad you came by to visit today!  I actually have something crafty to share with you, and it's not even a DT project!!

I had decided at the beginning of this summer that our home needed a major clean out.  We are hoping to build in the near future and I thought that not only would it get rid of things we don't need, but it would also make moving a little easier.  I should have called this Mission Impossible...  I have lost count of the number of trips we have made to local charities donating what was still usable, and don't get me started on the things that were simply tossed.  You would think that my home would be barren at this point, but I keep finding more and more things.  This is the main reason my poor blog has been less than busy.  But now I'm finding that I really need that creative therapy more than ever!!

I have also been on a card making mission this summer.  Seems someone has infiltrated my home and confiscated my stash of birthday cards (no, I didn't throw those out).  Either that or I actually had a lot less created than I initially thought...

Normally, I will look at the SU catalog, or some of my other cards for inspiration, but since I spend a lot of time on Pinterest and blogging, I thought I needed to use some ideas from these places to warrant all of that time!  If you would like to see any of the fun things I've pinned you can click here.  This will take you to my Pinterest boards page.  Both of my cards from today were designs borrowed from Pinterest.


You can see the inspiration card here.
I pretty much CASEd this one!

While I couldn't find the direct link to this card,
if you click here, it will take you to the person who 
created it originally.

I have to share my luck on the balloon die I used to make the second card.  Last month, I had my new SU order ready to enter and was excited to be buying the balloon framelits so I could start putting some cute balloons on my cards and scrapbook layouts.  The girls and I had stopped in our local Good Will store to check out the book selection for our summer reading pleasure.  I always browse the whole store because you never know what you might find.  Imagine my joy when I found a basket full of sizzix dies!  I ended up buying three dies-a wood sign, a picket fence, and balloons.  How much did I pay for these? $4 for all three!!!!!  Needless to say, I removed the framelits from my order since I was pretty sure that I could get the other die to work pretty much the same way.

I am really trying to use my scraps and retired supplies more in an effort to decrease the mountains, and both cards used the retired Summer Smooches dsp, and the balloons are all from my scrap bucket.  Even though you can't really tell that anything is gone, it makes me feel better that they've been put to good use!

Well, DH has built a campfire and the family is calling me to join them!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


6 comments:

  1. You scored BIG TIME at the Goodwill store!!! I never find things like that, but keep looking anyway.
    LOVE both of these cards Margaret! Cute card on that first one with the holey background and love all the balloons on the second! Wonderful cards.
    Have fun purging all the stuff in the house - I do that from time to time and it just seems like there's always more.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret - I love these two cards! They are so fun. Isn't great to create just for fun. I'm totally CASEing your swiss cheese card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for cheese...anything with Cheese....even paper cheese is brilliant! I love your cards and the humor and so great to hear that you found such a good deal!! Almost makes you feel guilty when you know how much they really cost, but.... LOL. I'm so excited to see upcoming building pictures, OH BOY WHAT FUN (said with a mild amount of sarcasm applied). So nice being on your blog again SIB. You always crack me up and start my day just right!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of your cards Margaret-both designs make great birthday cards-clean-out always makes me feel better-and then someone else gets to treasure our trash

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky find! Love your cheerful card Margaret. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards, love them both, may have to steal the ideas as I am always looking for new ones for Birthday cards.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!