Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A super simple card

Hello! I am so glad you stopped by to visit!  Today, I am sharing a card I made on Valentines Day.  It was cold, windy, and a little snowy, which seems to be the weather that puts me in the mood for creating.  Not much else to do, right?

This just might be the most basic card I have ever made!  I was trying to come up with ideas for birthday cards and was going through the new to me things that were still sitting on my table waiting to be used.  I bought the Happy Heart embossing folder thinking it would be so cute for Valentines.  Needless to say, I did not make Valentines...  It is always so strange to me that I will set out to make one thing and my supplies tend to pull me in a completely different direction.  I also need some Anniversary cards and thought the hearts would be pretty for the background.  I embossed and sanded some primrose petals core'dinations paper (retired...) and went through some papers and embellishments trying to decide my next step.  In the end, I opted to leave the background as the main panel.  The layered sentiment became my focal point and I found that I really, really liked how simple and uncluttered it was.


Speaking of uncluttered, this is definitely not to be said about my home at the moment!  January started out being a pretty good month for cleaning and organizing, but February is not following the pattern!  I am beginning to think that for every bag full of items going out in January, two managed to take its place in February...  Add to this the kids having the day off of school for President's Day and two snow days...  I am thinking that my spring break next month will be spent cleaning instead of playing.  Yuck!

Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will come back again soon.  I'm trying to post at least once a week, so hopefully, there will be something new to enjoy next time!  Have a marvelous day!

Card Recipe:  Paper-very vanilla, basic gray, primrose petals core'dinations, Stamp Set-Teeny Tiny Wishes, Ink-basic gray, Accessories-Happy Heart ef, word window punch, modern label punch





3 comments:

  1. Margaret, this is clean and simply perfection! The hearts are beautiful and love the way you sanded them to make them stand out that way. I LOVE this!
    Hope y'all have prettier weather soon!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this smart, elegant Valentine, Margaret - it's really effective. I've been scarce around Craftyblogland lately, but wanted to say thank you for all your lovely comments over at mine recently - that was quite a visit, and so much appreciated.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a pretty embossed background Margaret-hearts are always a go-to for an anniversary card

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!