Sunday, February 23, 2014

In the Spotlight...

Hello! Today I am excited to announce that I am Anything But a Card's Spotlight Designer!

I am so blessed to be a part of such a wonderfully talented team.  My fellow DT members have so many amazing talents and their creativity knows no bounds.  They're also a pretty awesome group of ladies that never fail to inspire me to reach higher.  I also have to admit that they sometimes intimidate the crap out of me... Like today when I am in the spotlight sharing something significant about my artistic talents.  Now, if my job was to point out what I think their special strengths are, I could rest easy.  But instead, I found myself trying to decide just what is it that I do best?  I don't really have any one artform where I excel; I'm more of a work in progress.  I actually stressed out a bit about this and then I realized that while I'm not the master of fabric, flowers, mold putty, recycled art, or steampunk (not even close!), I am pretty good at telling stories.

My first introduction into paper crafting was creating a scrapbook for my first baby.  Little did I know how this little project would spiral into a quest to document my family's lives and preserve our stories for future generations.  I started out making cute pages for a few baby pictures, but didn't have a lot of details and next to no personal stories.  Over the years I have learned that while those may be fresh in my mind, they will not be there for future family members, and if I'm going to spend the time to make a scrapbook, it better become a family heirloom!!

So my Spotlight Project is scrapbooking, but with the added challenge of sharing more than just the basic details.  I have shared several of my creations and a few tips about preserving memories at the challenge blog.  If you have a minute, I would love it if you would stop by and check them out.  I would be even more excited if you would join my challenge to create your own memory preserving project!

3 comments:

  1. You ARE an incredible story teller and wonderful crafter too! On my way over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been over there and had a lovely read about you and your storytelling!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations ! I'm going to try to get something made for your mini challenge; I certainly have enough photos to do something with.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!