Friday, February 7, 2014

Flashback Friday- A Dino-mite page

Hello! Welcome to another Flashback Friday!  Today's page is such a flashback, there are dinosaurs on it! Ha!!  Actually, I am finally getting around to documenting our trip to the Field Museum and seeing Sue, the most complete fossilized skeleton of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.  My oldest DD sent me on a bit of a guilt trip with this page since I was picking her brain for the details of the trip. She teased me about my need to scrapbook sooner since I seemed to be losing my memory.  Yeah, yeah, yeah...  Just wait til she gets older and starts forgetting things! 

This page is almost a complete flashback.  There is one lonely piece of sahara sand cardstock that is still current, otherwise everything is either retired or from my older stash of supplies.  I also realized when I started preparing this post that I did not use the first stamp on this page and very little embellishing.  Of course, with four full sized photos, there wasn't room for much more.



We learned some interesting tidbits about Sue.  The first being that they really can't identify whether Sue is a female or not from the fossils.  The dinosaur is named Sue after the woman who discovered the fossils.  We also found out that we were not viewing the complete skeleton.  The head of the T-Rex is so heavy it couldn't be safely supported on the frame, so they made a faux skull to place on the frame and the actual skull is on display in a different area of the museum.

There was also a traveling Aztec display at the museum when we went.  It was so interesting to see all of the different artifacts and learn more about the Aztecs.  It also made me very happy that I was not around during their time-quite brutal in some of their customs and rituals...  We also went through a replica of an Egyptian tomb system.  It was a lot of fun and quite mazelike, and there were a few times when we were a bit confused on how to get out.

I hope you enjoyed my page and perhaps I have inspired you to dig through your treasures and make some discoveries of your own!  Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!

Page Recipe: Paper-brown base from stash, sahara sand, Ink-crumb cake, black journaling marker, Accessories-early espresso ribbon (ret), red letter stickers from stash

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so jealous, what a site it must of been to see the bones of the T-Rex. Wonderful scrap page and memories.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, I like how you fit so many large photos on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous LO Margaret! Made me remember the science museum trips I made with my kiddo's when they were growing up. I need to go back and relive some of those great experiences so thanks for the mojo. :) I can't imagine living back in the days of dinosaurs or Aztecs, kind of glad I made my appearance here on earth when I did. ;) Have a terrific week and a very Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. well better later than never with this layout Margaret-I think it turned out great-interesting trivia about the T-Rex head-hope you had a great Valentine's day

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Layout! It fits the theme so well, and I really like how you used larger photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were there, too - but my photos still sit in their envelopes :( Nice page with great photos and handwritten journaling. It didn't need a lot of extra "stuff".

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!