Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Not a Scrooge, but quite stingy all the same! -Day 4

Hello! So glad you're here!  As promised, I've got something I checked off of my list today!  I'm still in desperate need of Christmas cards, and today I am sharing a card I made with the newest Paper Pumpkin kit.  It has the most wonderful star garland and the directions called for wrapping the garland around the tag three times.  Three times????  But that means that a lot of that gorgeous garland will be hidden behind the tag!!  Can't have that!  So being my frugal self, I trimmed the garland into two shorter strips and managed to make four cards and still have lots of that pretty garland left for another project! SCORE!  I have decided that while this could be viewed as slightly stingy, I am definitely not a scrooge since it is a Merry Christmas card...  Maybe we'll just change stingy to frugal and then it's not a bad thing at all!  Yes...let's do that instead...

Enough of my silly banter!  Here is the card-


I have to admit that the stripes gave me a little vertigo until I had the large tag attached, but I think it's quite festive!  This kit made four wonderful cards, so now I'm a little closer to being finished with my cards!

Well, I'm off to work on more Christmas preparations!  I hope you are having a wonderful week and find some time to do something crafty as well!

5 comments:

  1. Definitely frugal... and I love that more than one person gets to receive that fabulous star garland on their card!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT!!! LOVE this fantastic card. That banner is so pretty and cute! Wonderful card - and love the design too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that star garland! I might have to make a few last minute Christmas cards using that now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card - I would have done the same frugal thing (as my hubby likes to say, I squeak when I walk so I can relate, tee hee!) with the star garland =)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!