Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 8-Cozy Christmas Card

Hi!  I am so glad you stopped by today!  I have been stuck in my cozy home for the past two days due to the snow and ice.  So what is a crafty girl to do?  Why, make things of course!  And since it's so frigid outside, I decided to make a warm and cozy Christmas card.  I saw a card on Pinterest that used the postage stamp punch and it reminded me of a quilt.  So I pulled out some of my retired Christmas paper and got busy making my own version of a Christmas quilt card.


This came together fairly quickly once I decided which patterns to place where!  I ended up with four of these to add to my pile.  So I'm a little closer to crossing another thing off of my list!

As you know, we had quite a winter storm starting Thursday night that continued through Friday.  I'm beginning to wonder if we will have school tomorrow... The roads are still really slick and I know many of the rural roads haven't been cleared yet.  I might have another day to play...

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you have a most wonderful week!

Card Recipe: Paper-real red, soft suede, whisper white, Christmas Cocoa (ret), Ink-soft suede, Stamp Set- from a Paper Pumpkin kit, Accessories-postage stamp punch

4 comments:

  1. Looks just like a little quilt - and so pretty!! Love all the different patterned paper you used on this.
    Stay warm up that way!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the patchwork look!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's sensational!! The warmth just radiates from this and the colors and patterns you picked are perfect. I love the placement of the solid green in the center to ground everything. It's a beautiful card Margaret :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ! Yep, deciding which pattern to place where would take me the longest on making a card such as this, too ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!